At Shala, our mission is to create a comfortable and nurturing environment so that everyone is able to fully enjoy the restorative benefits of yoga. Here are some tips for practicing at Shala:
- New students should plan to arrive 20 minutes early. Otherwise please plan to arrive 10 to 15 minutes before class. This allows you to center and prepare yourself for practice.
- Please turn off all cell phones, pagers, and mobile devices, and leave them in the changing room during class.
- No heavy scents or perfumes.
- No personal items in the yoga room.
- No conversations in the yoga room.
- Front doors are closed and locked once class begins.
- Please leave all valuables at home or in your car.
- Stay centered, let go of self-judgment and ego, and enjoy the journey.